Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc., was founded on the campus of Indiana University Bloomington as Kappa Alpha Nu on January 5, 1911. A few years later, the Greek Letter Ψ was chosen in place of N and the name was officially changed to Kappa Alpha Psi. This change became effective April 15, 1915.
It is the beautiful realization of a vision shared commonly by the late Revered Founders Elder Watson Diggs; John Milton Lee; Byron K. Armstrong; Guy Levis Grant; Ezra D. Alexander; Henry T. Asher; Marcus P. Blakemore; Paul W. Caine; Edward G. Irvin and George W. Edmonds.
Reuben Shelton III is the 34th grand polemarch of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. He was elected by the body during the fraternity’s 84th Grand Chapter Meeting and Conclave held in Philadelphia. Grand Polemarch Shelton served as senior vice polemarch during the previous administration.