The Mu Mu Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. can trace its roots all the way back to 1983 where it began as a colony under the Kappa Chi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. which consists of American, Catholic, Georgetown and George Washington Universities respectively. During the years of 1983 through 1985, twelve young men were initiated into the fraternity under the Kappa Chi Colony. These men are considered the charter members of what later became the Mu Mu Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The charter members of the Mu Mu Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. are Kelvin Holmes, Godfrey Eason, Rodney Dyer, Richard Nesbit, Terry Butler, Eric Cevis, Allen Wolfe, Warren Green, Ric Wilson, Kelvin Coleman, Keith Chapman and Moyo Kasim. Brother Clarence F. Nelson Jr. was the Eastern Province Polemarch and presided over the chartering ceremony. These young men made an immediate impact on the African-American community at George Mason University and were well respected by the faculty and their peers. These brothers were led by Brother Linwood Hardmon (Chapter Invisible, 1998), who served as the first Chapter Advisor. We must also acknowledge Brother James Biff Carter (Chapter Invisible), Kappa Chi’s advisor along with the brothers of Alexandria-Fairfax Alumni as playing an integral part in the chartering of the chapter.
Two years later, on October 27, 1985, the Mu Mu Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. was formerly recognized by the Grand Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, and was chartered as an active member of the Eastern Province. In that same year, the chapter had the honor to host the Eastern Province Council along with the Kappa Chi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. and the Alexandria-Fairfax Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Chapter The George Mason University Chapter, the Mu Mu of Kappa Alpha Psi
- Year October 27, 1985
- Location Fairfax, Virginia
- President 2
- Almni Organizers♦ Alexandria-Fairfax (VA) Alumni Chapter ♦ James Carter Jr [Xi 1948] ♦ Linwood Hardmon [Xi 1955]
- Student organizers ♦ Rodney Dyer [Kappa Chi: 1983], Polemarch ♦ Godfrey Eason [Kappa Chi: 1983] ♦ Kelvin Holmes [Kappa Chi:1983]
- Charter members♦ Terry Butler [Kappa Chi: 1984] ♦ Eric Cevis[Kappa Chi: 1984] ♦ Warren Green[Kappa Chi: 1984] ♦ Richard Nesbitt[Kappa Chi: 1984] ♦ Allen Wolfe[Kappa Chi: 1984] ♦ Keith Chapman [Kappa Chi:1985] ♦ Kelvin Coleman [Kappa Chi:1985] ♦ Moyo Kasim [Kappa Chi:1985] ♦ Ricky B. Wilson [Kappa Chi:1985]